The colder and wetter weather is finding its way to us now which means either spending a fortune on days out or having the mini’s climb the walls with boredom!
I have put together a list of free places to visit in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire that will hopefully help to keep your little ones busy without breaking the bank – even if its only for a few hours.
This list includes places that I have been to, places that I am aware of and also places that have been recommended by my readers. I haven’t been to all of these but will be updating it with our experience (I have added Trip Advisor for you to see whether it is worth travelling there) and if you have been to any of these Id love to know your thoughts – or let me know of any others you would recommend in the comments section.
Please be aware that some of these places operate as charities so donations are welcome.
Free places to visit in Herts
- Tring Natural History Museum (pictured above) – Trip Advisor
- Bishops Stortford Museum – Trip Advisor
- Hertford Museum – Trip Advisor
- Stevenage Museum – Trip Advisor
- Lowewood Museum – Trip Advisor
- Royston Museum – Trip Advisor
- Tring Local History Museum – Trip Advisor
- Ware Museum – Trip Advisor
- Bushey Museum – Trip Advisor
- St Albans Cathedral – Trip Advisor
- Intelligence Corps Museum – Trip Advisor
Free places to visit in Beds
- Stockwood Park Discovery Centre (pictured above) – Trip Advisor
- Wardown House – Trip Advisor
- The Higgins, Bedford – Trip Advisor
- Bunyan Museum – Trip Advisor
Free places to visit in Bucks
- Milton Keynes Gallery – Trip Advisor
- Bucks County Museum – Trip Advisor
- Wycombe Museum – Trip Advisor